Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Birth...

A friend of mine gave birth to a beautiful baby girl three days ago. While this is certainly not the first time I have been given news of a child delivery, I was taken into a deep state of thought with this birth. I started to wonder, out of all the children that were born at the very same moment that my friend's child (we'll call her K.) was born, why does this K. get to be in such a wealthy, healthy, educated, and happy family? Believe me, I am extremely happy for the parents and for K. I'm just wondering what the criteria are for birth within a specific family. Or is it all just random? But it can't really be random, because if it were, it would be utterly unfair, and I guess I just believe in some type of justice in this world. I guess this is an important question for me to address. I think a lot of people have the same types of questions, but most fail to pursue them. I, on the other hand, have thoroughly exhausted all my resources in an attempt to find an answer to these questions of justice and equality, and successfully, might I add! I have been finally convinced by one single answer, but what would be the point of writing a blog if I didn't allow my readers to ponder the same questions and come up with their own individual, custom-designed answers!?! I'll give it away sooner or later; but for now, just think!

No comments:

Post a Comment